This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

She's doing well

I have lost track of when I last posted. Things have been really busy.

The most important thing for you to know is that Kathy is still Kathy. Her mind is still great and she has even regained the use of her left hand. She still cannot transfer but is feeling a little more comfortable. The change in meds has been good. Her plan is still the same though. She is not seeking any type of treatment. Her belief is still that she will be leaving us soon.

She has been busy at home getting things organized and talking with people. It is overwhelming and tiring for her but she is a trooper. Old friends from out of town are here and I know Kathy has enjoyed seeing everyone again.

Last night we showed some very old videos of our crazy antics from the early 80's. We laughed hysterically at parts. It was also poignant since this footage was before Kathy's accident. Some people at the house, had never seen Kathy without her chair. At the end of the evening about 8 of us ended up in bed with Kathy (yes a giant bed). We had a wonderful sweet time reminiscing about the good old days. Kathy talked about her life belief and why she is at peace with her life and its path now.

I spoke to Kathy this a.m. about her party on Monday. She said she is over the "drama" and just wants this to be a party (no tributes) and that she also wants to use it as an opportunity to promote Putnam Land Conservancy. That made me laugh out loud. Only our Kathy would use this occasion for land issues!

All of Kathy's friends are welcome Monday. Bring a dish to share and your own plate and eating utensils. We are going to try and eat at 6pm promptly (ha!) so that we can celebrate and be out of there before we wear Kathy out too much.

That's about it for now.
Kathy et al, send their love.

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading this report. Shirley, I can't thank you enough for keeping us in the loop. I remember some of those crazy parties in the 80's. Kick-ball, cycling trips and general girl chasing stuff.
    I am going to be in Gainesville next weekend. Hope to see you all then. Sorry I can't get there in time for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I met you as a doctor (whom I loved) and then at different times throughout the years. Thank you for enriching my life. I will not be back in the area until Tuesday so will miss your party - I know it will be a humdinger!!!! Johanna Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's heartwarming to read about the rich, full days Kathy and Julie are spending with each other, their family and friends. So happy to hear that they got to spend some quiet time out at the lake--along with the silk moth caterpillar. What a picture! What a creature! Love to you. See you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saturday I heard this song, a song I first heard about twenty years ago, I thought it appropriate to share here with love to Kahty and all her friends

    - swimming to the other side
    We are living 'neath the great big dipper
    We are washed by the very same rain
    We are swimming in this stream together
    Some in power and some in pain
    We can worship this ground we walk on
    Cherishing the beings that we live beside
    Loving spirits will live forever
    We're all swimming to the other side
    I am alone and I am searching, hungering for answers in my time
    I am balanced at the brink of wisdom
    I'm impatient to receive a sign
    I move forward with my senses open
    Imperfection, it be my crime
    In humility, I will listen
    We're all swimming to the other side
    On this journey through thoughts and feelings
    Binding intuition, my head, my heart
    I am gathering the tools together. I'm preparing to do my part
    All of those who have come before me
    Band together and be my guide
    Loving lessons that I will follow, We're all swimming to the other side
    When we get there we'll discover
    All of the gifts we've been given to share
    Have been with us since life's beginning
    And we never noticed they were there
    We can balance at the brink of wisdom
    Never recognizing that we've arrived
    Loving spirits will live together
    We're all swimming to the other side

    ©1990, 1992 Pat Humphries
    Moving Forward Music, BMI
    www.emmasrevolution.com

    ReplyDelete