This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Another Sunday

Kathy and family/friends went to UCG again this Sunday. I wasn't there but I was told it was another good service. Kathy was greeted once again by many well wishers. The troop headed back home after that and had a mostly quiet day.

Julie went upstairs to try and catch up on some sleep. Evidently Kathy was really thristy all night and kept waking up. She kept telling Julie that she wasn't in pain which is of course wonderful.. it just ended up that Julie was quite tired in the morning.

Lorelei, Patty and Kathy spent some time hanging out in bed. They called me and asked me to bring over the dvd of my birthday party (yes we video tape everything!). Kathy got the super "Ham" award for that night. Sadly, that was the last event that she took part in before the whole tumor thing started to kick in. I can imagine the three of them though, laughing with Kathy about her performance. And not just her.. Lore and Patty were great in the skit as well... just a big group of hammy friends!

The hospice doctor comes today to adjust Kathy's meds. She is really happy to be pain free but it is making it hard for her to think clearly and that is frustrating for her.

Yesterday, when she thanked me for bringing over the dvd, I said "goodbye, see you later". She smiled and said with a little look ... "that's a good way to put it."

No comments:

Post a Comment