This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rainy Day Wednesday

Another busy day. Kathy and Lorelei walk every Wednesday to the Farmers Market. They told Rich and Luce it was only a few blocks but I googled it... it's a mile (each way).

Kathy said it was going to rain but everybody else said.... Nah.

They stopped at the Thomas Center to see the art show. Lorelei has a lot of work in the current show. It is great. You should go see it if you can. Then they proceeded to the Farmers Market. They got drenched several times but as Kathy said, it made getting through the crowd in a wheel chair easier... since the rain chased away the crowd.

Christy brought over a great dinner which was followed by flan from Lori and cupcakes from Caroline.

Kathy and Julie send their thanks to all of your for your thoughts and kindness.

Check out the slide show on the right side of the page. Click on it and it will get bigger. There are a bunch of pictures from our day out on the land and at the lake house. I threw in one or two from my party. Kathy was in a skit about my life and how I never get away from my computer. She was amazing hammy! Who's surprised at that?

6 comments:

  1. Shirley,
    thanks for the updates and the photos. great job.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. shirley,
    Just found out about Kathy's condition.
    I'd like to arrange a visit but I'm not sure how to do that.
    I'd also like to offer massage (gratis) if needed or desired. I'm thinking 15-30 minute massages. I'm in the neighborhood and my time is flexible.
    Let me know. Thanks for doing this blogspot. It's quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woody
    Thanks for the kind offer of a massage. I think Kathy is getting one today from Beckie.

    She is really tired and not able to meet with a lot of people. They are reading the blog tho and will get back to you if Kathy can see you. Sorry- but I am sure you understand.

    We are having a party for Kathy though and you can talk with her there. I will post the details

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi y'alllll
    Kathy, i barely know you, but i'd like to thank you for making the world a better place to live in.
    i'm offering a Reiki or Ret session to Kathy or her support circle...
    love weed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though you don't know me I am sending my love and concern. Will plan to be at the Hipp on Monday. Thanking you for the person I have heard you to be; brave, strong, and courageous for a long time,

    With Love, Bluebird

    ReplyDelete