This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Slip sliding away

"Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away." Simon and Garfunkel.

Going back to the image of Kathy and the rest of us adrift on a life raft... Kathy's on her own raft now. We are still tethered or as Carol would say, "rafted up" but the ropes that are holding her here are unraveling.

I got a call from Randi last night. She was worried because she could not reach anyone on the phone. When I couldn't get anyone either, I raced over there really worried that I was going to arrive at the house and Kathy would no longer be with us. Instead I came upon a quiet scene of family tranquility. Kathy was in her new space - the hospital bed in the side room. Julie was laying down with her head in Doug's lap. David and Gary were sitting in chairs. They were all happily watching a movie. It was so peaceful and quiet. It was so normal seeming.

Kathy speaks in a quiet voice and is losing track of time. She drifts in and out but she still knows us all.

4 comments:

  1. HELLO ALL
    SENDING LOT OF LOVE TO TO KATHY.
    KATHY YOU HAVE LOT OF LOVING FRIENDS WHO ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF YOU. THEY ALL LOVE YOU.
    ONE THING I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. I DO MISS YOU WE HAD SOME GREAT TIMES TOGETHER.
    LOT LOVE HILLARY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shirley.
    Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley thanks for all your posts. Me and so many more look every single day for updates.
    I love you Kathy and Julie. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all,
    I am sending my love to Kathy. And love and support for Julie and the dear friends who are with you. Thank you for keeping us posted. Hillary and I read the blog daily.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete