This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A litte trouble breathing

For a couple of days now, Kathy has been having trouble breathing. Her thoughts continue to be off and on "fuzzy". Julie ordered oxygen for her. We will see how it goes.

They were going out to the lake today but I don't know if they made it. Kathy was in a lot of pain. She took some pain meds which wiped her out. They were waiting to see how she felt after the she roused from the meds.

A couple of days ago, Lorelei had the great idea of putting a hospital bed in the day room. It's Kathy's favorite room, windows on three sides. It's as close to being outside as you can be while still be inside. Pam ran out and got curtain rods and scarves to drape on the windows so Kathy could still have some privacy. Julie ran out and got a couple of new bird feeders and we stocked them up and put them right outside the windows of the day room. It was sunny and nice. Kathy enjoyed it.

4 comments:

  1. I REALLY wish I could be there to help.
    I do pretty good bird imitations.
    I make pretty good smoothies too.
    sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Malmo--The Swedish birds here seem to be calling your names-- ka-hi, ka-hi and ju-li-li-li or is it that our thoughts are about you each day that passes?

    Sending all of you loving and sustaining energy.
    Kay and Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the blog. It is great to know what is going on without costing you guys energy. We've been thinking about you guys so much. Kathy, I'll never forget going to your cabin and also when I got sick and stayed at your house. I know you've got a great support, but grief has it's own language, soul and time. Grief meanders and illuminates all nooks and crannies of those memories we love. The mundane becomes extraordinary and the extraordinary becomes mundane. Well, enough waxing philosophically - my thoughts are with both of you. Much love, Carol I
    By the way, I know I'm not anonymous, but can't figure out this blog stuff...oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warmest greetings and thoughts to Kathy, Julie and the amazing support team women. I send loving thoughts and air hugs your way several times a day. This morning I awoke from a dream about you all as well and just wanted to take a moment to say you are loved. If there's anything at all Christy or I can do, please call and we'll be over in a nano-second. Love and hugs, Ashley L.

    ReplyDelete