This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kathy's Service

It was a beautiful and true service. For those of you who were unable to attend the service at UCG the room was overflowing. There was sadness, but there was also a sense of celebrating Kathy's life. Sandy and Larry Reimer captured Kathy in her true spirit, her generosity, her humor, her grace and of course her accomplishments. They spoke to Julie, giving her strength as she goes on with her life. Now of course for each of us in our own way comes the work of going on without her but keeping her inspiration alive.

Below is a picture that Tammy Briar took as we walked the trail at Prairie Creek Preserve on the way to Kathy's burial place. (Click the photo to enlarge.)

Please feel free to continue to share your thoughts and feelings here.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe the owl is one of Kathy's guardian animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless all and may she rest in peace

    Maureen (Class of 1967 Cardinal Spellman)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magnificent photo of the owl.
    When I ran forest trails an owl frequently would join me.
    I think this owl was taking my place to help me see Kathy's transition.

    Thanks for such a wonderful link to her memories.
    sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much love to Julie and all Kathy's dear friends and family. Her contributions were beyond compare. We will always owe her a huge debt of gratitude. I am grateful that she can complete that long chat with her Dad, and know she will be pulling for us from above. I am so sorry I was in Boulder to speak about Gainesville' renewable energy accomplishments and missed the memorial service, but I think of that work as a tribute to her, as much as anyone. Love and peace, Pegeen

    ReplyDelete