This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Down but not out....

Kathy has remained in bed for sometime, not having the strength (or desire?) to be moved to her chair. A couple of evenings ago though I got a call.. here's how it went. --- "Hi, my computer won't work. I can't connect with the internet. Why can't you fix it? I have the brain tumor, not you." This was followed by a evil chuckle.

She was up and on the porch. Hanging out with the gang and enjoying the evening rain. Nice.

Lorelei has also been trying to get Kathy to go for a float on her lake. Kathy said it was just too much trouble and Lorelei rejoined with something like... what else do you have to do right now? So they did it. They didn't actually make it into the water but they had a good time enjoying the day from Lorelei's lake house porch. Laughing and listening to the rain. Crying probably too a little just because we almost always do.

They then headed to Kathy and Julie's lake place and spent the night there. Pretty good for someone who wasn't getting out of bed anymore!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful friends you are all to one another. Such a great gift! I love the photo "some of the gang"; there is a soft joy in your eyes and a whole lot of love. How fortunate you all are to have such an abundance of love in your short lives. Thanks for sharing this with us all.
    Nancy L

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is wonderful - the next best thing to being there.

    Loved the "why can't you fix my computer" line by Kathy posted on the blog!

    I've be frantically trying to confirm if Kathy and Julie received the award-winning book of poetry (by a woman from the Gulf Coast bayous), called "The Dirty Side of the Storm" that I had shipped there weeks ago. Still waiting to hear from Shirley.

    I'm coming back down next week (Wed.?) with the "eco-yacht" to be donated to Kathy's favorite charities, in her honor.

    If she doesn't want to take a "float" in it, maybe she can at LEAST see the photos of it.
    sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated thank-you to Kathy for inviting me to Lorelei's house last Saturday. I was at my mother's condo beginning to sort through items to go to St. Francis House, VetSpace, and Haven Hospice Attic, so I missed your call. Afterward, I was too sad to be decent company and am lying low for awhile. You know how it is. I love you, Kathy. Thank you again for your enduring kindness. Going for a float sounds good.

    ReplyDelete