This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Letter from Julie to all

Kathy is sleeping at the moment, so I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your expressions of love and
support for Kathy and me. When writing this post on paper first, I started to make a list of people and the ways in
which each of you have given to us. It became obvious very quickly that so many of you have given of yourselves in
so many ways, too innumerable to count. All of you have given according to your individual personalities, vocational skills, and creative expression, some in time spent with us, many behind the scenes, with delicious meals, etc. Each of you are individual expressions of divine kindness, compassion, and love. None of these acts are unnoticed by us, and Kathy and I are filled with gratitude and love for each of you.

Kathy continues to be pain-free (mainly because of the methadone and morphine). Her physical body is failing but her spirit remains strong. I don't know how much longer she has on this earth, but she is very "ready to go", and very much at peace. The experience of this process for those of us left behind is quite different for each of us. As you can imagine, for me, this has been incredibly difficult emotionally. There has been overwhelming grief, fear, anger, on the one hand, on the other, tranquility and peace.

Kathy and I have had the last month to say the things that needed to be said, express the things that needed to be expressed, and do the things that needed to be done. Now, we can just 'be". This is a rare opportunity . We both feel very blessed to be able to have this time together.

Spiritually, this experience has been and will continue to be transformative for all of us, in ways unimagined and unpredicted. It is an incredible journey, this death process. It's mind blowing and heart opening. So, thank you all for sharing this experience with us. We love you all.

Julie and Kathy

3 comments:

  1. My dearest Kathy and Julie, these words are so beautiful. I want also to thank Kathy and her folks for being in my life. I love you all so much. I am with you Kathy all the time. I'm so glad you are in peace, you transmit it to us. I love you, Ani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, This must be so difficult for you. Having the time to say goodbye is truly a blessing, but doesn't come without it's difficulties. I'm so glad that you and Aunt Kathy have enjoyed so many wonderful years together. It's good to hear that you are both finding peace. Sending love and hugs from chilly Buffalo.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys so much. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, but I want to be there. I have thought of you every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Much love,
    Carol Isaac

    ReplyDelete