This blogspot has been set up to honor Kathy!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kathy's birthday, Trail dedication at the Lodge

I spoke to Julie and Lorelei yesterday. They are on an adventure, clearing their heads and refilling their hearts. They called me yesterday from Nova Scotia. They sounded so happy, tripping over each other on Julie's speaker phone - both of them trying to add their bits about how incredible their trip has been. They are calling themselves Thelma and Louise but as far as I know, they are NOT wanted by the police. (joke)

We talked about Kathy's birthday which is tomorrow, Sept. 8th. It would have been her 61st. Julie and Lore and going to try and do something eco-conscious. Maybe you want to do so as well.

One thing I remember Kathy saying over and over again was to take at least 5 minutes and go outside. Hear and feel nature and let it into you.

Maybe we can all try to do that tomorrow... or walk/ride your bike instead of driving. Drive w/o your AC on... Go to Publix and recycle those horrible styrofoam containers. Every little bit helps repair the damage in our relationship with nature.

Don't forget this FRIDAY, SEPT 10TH @ 5pm there is an event to honor Kathy and the green/eco organizations and people. Be there at 5 to take the field trip to the Green Burial site. RSVP so that we know how to plan for food and refreshments.

2 comments:

  1. It is so lovely to see the friendship between all of you and Kathy in the photos! What great love, friendship and support for all! I had this wonderful event on my calendar and was a definite show until I received a call today from my sis. My Mother is in hospice care and is very weak. I will be driving to Seneca, SC sometime this week and will miss your lovely event in person not in spirit! Love, love, love.....Vicki Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki
    Oh so sorry that you are going through this now. It is happening around us everywhere I look. I hope that things work out well for your family and your mom. We will miss you.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete